Blog sponsors

Blog sponsors
PRECIOUS KIDS SCHOOL SITE

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BEBE COOL ESCAPES KAMPALA BOMB BY WHISKERE

“I had finished performing during the half-time break and I was seated in the front row enjoying the game. I don’t normally watch my football matches seated in the front row. I always seat at the back. Everyone was happy then all of a sudden…boom!”“I was thrown off my seat. There was silence all over. Before I could recollect my thoughts to find out what exactly was going on, I heard another blast…boom! I immediately knew something was terribly wrong,” says Bebe Cool.
Bebe was the main attraction at Kyadondo Rugby Club where the finals of the 2010 World Cup were being held. It was a reasonable crowd. Before heading down to Kyadondo Rugby Club Bebe had also performed at the MTN World Cup party at Boda Boda restaurant.
“While still at Boda Boda, I received a call from Elvis Ssekyanzi telling me to come down to Kyadondo and perform on stage. My wife suggested that we stay at Boda Boda but Elvis being our friend I decided to drop by, perform and watch the remaining half of the game from there,” says Bebe Cool.
It’s that decision that nearly proved fatal. “I knew it was a bomb blast after the second one went off. I was lying on grass having been thrown off my seat by the fast blast. All around me was blood. I saw a man missing an arm. I was helpless and dazed on the grass with pain. I then felt people pulling me up on my feet. It was my wife and some other people I didn’t know. We were put in a car and left the scene,” says Bebe Cool.

Source Monitor Uganda

No comments: